DOLPHIN SWIMMING EXCURSION IN MAURITIUS
Swim with dolphins excursion
- Our excursion begins at 6 am to be among the first boats at sea.
- We have the option to observe dolphins from the boat and dive into the water if feasible without disturbing them. There are several locations where we frequently see them. Dolphins tend to stay close to the shore, where the water is calm.
- Once we find the dolphins, we will attempt to swim with them if you want to. However, if the conditions are suitable, it's important not to disturb the dolphins. At the appropriate time, we will explain to you how to do so that you can best observe them.
- Starting early is necessary because swimming with dolphins is only permitted until 9am.
- We also offer snorkeling stops on the coral reef. (additional charge)
- Return at approximately 9 am.
On board, we will provide you with pastries and soft drinks. It's important to have fins, mask, and snorkel. Although we have them on board, you can bring your own if you prefer.
Swimming with dolphins :
- Golden wave II - 12,000Rs / 260 € / 280 $
- Golden wave III - 22,000Rs / 480 € / 510 $
Click on the button below to access our price list :
Option underwater photos and videos with dolphins
We also offer you a unique experience in Mauritius.
Swim with dolphins and enjoy a unique experience while being captured and filmed.
- Starting early is the best way to be among the first to arrive at the spot.
- Our team is equipped with the latest generation GOPRO equipment to guide you while in the water with dolphins.
- Respecting dolphins during this activity requires taking care not to disturb them while taking photos and videos.
- Swimming with dolphins after 9am in Mauritius is not allowed, which is why I will be back at this time.
We will be sending you photos and videos through Wetransfer or Dropbox within the next few days. The tour includes everything from pastries and soft drinks to snorkeling equipment.
Don't hesitate to bring your own equipment if you want to! You have the option to add a stop on the reef to snorkel as an extra!
In Mauritius, we frequently see two distinct species of dolphins:
The Spinner Dolphin:
- This tripartite species has a white belly, light gray flanks, and a dark gray back. Its large bill makes it easy to identify.
- Adults typically weigh between 55lbs and 176lbs and range in size from 1,3 to 2,3 meters.
- Their lifespan is 25 years.
- There are the acrobats of the ocean. During a jump, they can spin eight times!
The Bottlenose Dolphin:
- So named because of its small, thick beak. He usually has a light gray color.
- The adult weighs between 330lbs and 1433lbs and measures between 2,3 and 3,8 meters.
- It has a life expectancy of 50 years.
- They have a ten-fold increase in hearing capacity over humans!
Dolphins move in groups known as "schools" and can swim 45 km/h.
During the day, they reside near the coast and reefs, and at night, they move farther offshore.
To enjoy these magical moments in the company of dolphins, you will have to get up early! Indeed, we try to be the first on the ocean, so we can watch and swim with them with RESPECT.
Learn more about our sea excursions